Roar Media is a strategic public relations firm and digital-communications agency. The firm combines traditional public relations and advanced Internet marketing, including social media and search marketing to support client’s business goals. Roar Media is differentiated by our team of senior-level strategists with proven success in the development of ROI-driven marketing programs. Our clients are successful, well-established companies, operating in the fields of technology, consulting, health-care, consumer packaged goods and insurance.
Roar Media has an exciting full-time opportunity for a high-energy, motivated media relations professional. The successful candidate must be able to “hit the ground running” and quickly perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner and with a positive, professional attitude.
The ideal candidates will have 5+ years experience working at a public relations agency or as a reporter for a reputable media company or publication, as well as:
- Oversee all aspects of account services and maintain strong client relations
- Pitch story ideas and client news releases to top media outlets and publishers
- Secure positive publicity for clients in trade and consumer media
- Develop pitches and positive story ideas
- Maintain steady and positive client presence in trade media through releases, contact and responsiveness to inquiries/requests
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage routine client projects
- Handle media inquiries
- Review materials (e.g. pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters)
- Maintain clear and consistent communication between media and account team
- Contribute to program development for the Client
- Handle account administration duties such as activity reports.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- 5+ years of work experience in public relations or top media company
- Strong knowledge of media relations from key trade publications to national outlets
- College degree preferred in public relations, journalism or related field of study
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry
- Mastery of Associated Press (AP) style guidelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of PR agency resources, culture and system.
- Must be a good communicator orally and in writing
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat computer software
Please e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org