On March 11, 2014, the Social Media Club of South Florida (SMCSF) hosted an interactive panel titled “Facebook Ads: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly,” and our very own Alex Wall was there to share her insights. Wall, along with other experienced online social media marketers was invited to discuss topics including:
- Say it isn’t so: is Facebook really selling fake likes through black hat tactics?
- What are click farms?
- Can Facebook truly generate leads?
- Why does engagement drop when likes increase?
- Quality over quantity?
- What is “return on relationship?”
- Are you targeting your audience optimally?
- What’s the point of having so many followers if they’re not authentically interested in your message?
Having eight years of experience in Internet marketing, Wall shared how to use what she called “sniper” I.D. scraping tactics to target your Facebook marketing efforts and get the most bang for your buck. She also described how to use “dark posts” to create advertisements that don’t have to show up on your page’s timeline. Wall’s knowledge of Facebook advertising created an “upRoar” at the Meetup, and even surprised marketing/PR veterans with decades of experience.
One attendee, Brittany White (@B_WhiteSaysSo), live-tweeted during the event: “Panelists are interacting well! Impressed and getting educated… @alexlwall (Alex Wall) speaking #truths.”
The panel discussion was held at Soyka restaurant in Miami. Here’s a video from Alex’s introduction at the event. Connect with us to learn more about how our team is making waves in Facebook advertising. Way to Roar, Alex!
Watch the video below to see Alex’s introduction and get a feel for the event!
[youtube id=”NtvVCXKSHyo” width=”600″ height=”350″]