Roar Media, ranked this year by the South Florida Business Journal as the third-largest and fastest-growing PR firm in South Florida as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented media relations professional.
Roar Media is an integrated digital PR firm that combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally. Candidate would work on national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: consumer packaged goods, technology; legal services, financial services and other professional services; and consumer products.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates will have at least four years of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish as well as are a plus.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment.
The position entails:
- Managing designated accounts and account teams, and serving as an account lead for client services
- Developing and implementing communications strategies
- Collaborating as needed with team members across the firm’s varied areas of specialization, including digital marketing, social media and creative services
- Drafting and editing content including news releases, media advisories, website copy, email newsletter copy, social media posts, etc.
- Providing clients with strategic counsel and guidance related to their participation in media interviews, speaking engagements, and other marketing-related activities
- Providing key account insight and feedback to upper management and partnering with them closely on key account decisions and strategies
- Securing positive publicity for clients and helping clients maintain a steady and consistent presence in targeted media outlets
- Researching, developing, implementing and managing projects
- Maintaining clear and consistent communications between members of the news media and the Roar Media account services team
- Overseeing development and/or developing account infrastructure, including research and media lists
- Overseeing account administration duties, including activities reports as needed
- Planning and coordinating activities, including conferences and trade shows, for clients
- Travelling to client meetings when needed
- Identifying and implementing new ways to continuously improve work flow and delivery of results to clients
- Collaborating with designated to teams to support new business development and new client pitches
Success in this position will require:
- Ability and desire to motivate, manage and lead colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and also independently, with and without supervision
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop and implement practical, creative ideas and solutions
- Ability to reach and contact a high volume of journalists on a daily basis
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Interest, knowledge and passion about public relations and marketing communications
- Strong computer skills, including understanding of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Cision, and other online resources
- Degree in public relations, communications preferred (will also consider candidates with previous related work experience)
- Minimum of 4+ years’ professional experience in public relations and account services
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: to be determined based on experience
- Paid vacation and sick/personal days
- Matching 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits with BlueCross
- Fun, professional working environment and culture
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com