Roar Media, ranked by the South Florida Business Journal as the fourth-largest and fastest-growing PR firm in South Florida, as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented PR professional as a junior account executive.
Roar Media is an integrated digital PR firm that combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally.
Candidate would work on national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: technology; legal services, financial services and other professional services; and consumer products.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates should have at least one year of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish are a plus.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment.
Public Relations/Marketing Responsibilities:
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage PR and media outreach initiatives
- Draft and distribute news releases, media alerts and calendar listings
- Manage social media profiles and channels
- Draft and post social media content and manage client social media communities
- Develop targeted media lists
- Draft editorial content including social media content, media advisories, news releases, website copy, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters and other writing materials
- Clip and maintain client media clips
- Handle account administration duties such as activity reports and monthly program summary reports
- Plan and coordinate client activities, including client conferences, trade shows and events
- Handle media inquiries
- Conduct client research
- Maintain clear and consistent communication between client and agency teams
- Ability to collaborate as a team member, as well as to work independently
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively*
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and write professionally
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: to be determined based on experience
- Paid vacation and sick/personal days
- Medical benefits
- Fun, professional working environment and culture
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com