Roar Media, ranked this year by the South Florida Business Journal as the third-largest and fastest-growing PR firm in South Florida as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented media relations professional.
Roar Media is an integrated digital PR firm that combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally. Candidate would work on national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: consumer packaged goods, technology; legal services, financial services and other professional services; and consumer products.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates will have at least two years of experience working in the marketing field in the agency or client side.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment.
- Provide client services focused on working with clients to capture and define campaign parameters and creative specs, planning and forecasting, presenting creative solutions and campaign results
- Collaborate the creative and digital team to provide them with client insight and feedback, campaign concepts, specifications and specs
- Support client’s public relations and media relations efforts as needed, as well as develop strategies and deliver tactics to ensure that traditional media relations activities leverage more digital-minded activities including content marketing, content amplification, etc.
- Manage and traffic agency workflow and campaign development including capturing creative briefs, scheduling projects and deliverables and ensuring that the deliverables meet the defined schedules and client expectations via an online collaboration system
- Facilitate cross-divisional communication between all departments (creative digital, PR, etc.)
- Identify and propose new and better easy to manage client campaigns and agency processes
- Conceptualize and provide strategic recommendations to improve the quality and impact of advertising, creative and PR campaigns and executions
- Interface and coordinate with external vendors and suppliers to ensure that their work product meets client needs and expectations
- Monitor, interpret, report and factor performance assessments into current and future marketing efforts
- Attend current and prospective client meetings, as well as prepare for meetings by developing agendas, taking meeting notes and preparing meetings recaps
- Stay abreast of developments and trends occurring in the earned, owned and paid media spaces
Success in this position will require:
- High attention to detail required.
- Must enjoy and effectively build relationships with internal & external contacts.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Creative and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and ability to prioritize work under tight time restrictions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to think strategically and act tactically. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done
- Be a problem-solver, not a problem alerter
- Be flexible and willing to support clients and agency in impactful ways
- Passion for effective and innovative marketing-communications
- Degree in marketing, public relations, communications preferred (will also consider candidates with previous related work experience)
- Minimum of 2+ years’ professional experience in marketing, public relations and account services
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: to be determined based on experience
- Paid vacation and sick/personal days
- Matching 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits with BlueCross
- Fun, professional working environment and culture
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org