Hey there, folks. I’m Alex Wall, and I oversee Roar Media’s Internet marketing and web analytics department.
Have you ever looked at your business’ website and asked yourself why it isn’t bringing you more customers? Many business owners ask themselves that question every single day. You invest a lot of time into building your site, putting great content on it, and making sure that you’re linking to it from social networks.
You may even get great traffic, but the visitors walk right through your site like it’s a hallway: they don’t stop to shop. They leave without converting, without giving you their email address, signing up for your newsletter or giving you a call.
Why won’t they convert?
The answer isn’t the same for every website, but the answer is always hiding in the same place: it’s in your traffic data. Google Analytics is a free tool that helps you better understand what’s going on once a visitor arrives to your website or mobile app. (In fact, Google just announced a new integration of mobile app data. Neat.)
By understanding the movements of visitors on your page, you can make small changes that result in drastic impacts to your bottom line. Basically, you are empowered to make informed decisions about your website. That’s what it’s all about.
To that end, I have some very exciting news. The MIT Forum of South Florida is hosting a public workshop event on April 29, 2014 at the National Young Arts Center on The Future of Informed Decision Making: A Google Analytics Workshop. I’ll be presenting new ways that businesses are leveraging the totally free databank that Google Analytics makes available to every website.
- What data can do for your business through real, live case studies;
- The 10 Second Reality Check: how to look at and understand your data in less time than it takes to pour a cup of coffee without getting distracted by mumbo jumbo that doesn’t matter;
- How to track every visit that shows up on your site;
- How to optimize content based on visitor behavior;
- The dirty secret about goals and conversions that will change the way you look at every single website from here to the hereafter;
- How to communicate data to decision makers, if you aren’t one;
- And how to get the answers you need to have before making effective business decisions.
This type of training would typically cost a company or marketing department between $1,800 – $3,000 and I’m putting my heart into it: 3 hours of wall-to-wall analytics, know-how, explained in a colorful friendly way that anyone can understand, even someone with absolutely no experience in Microsoft Excel or data analysis. In fact, this workshop was created specifically for people with no analytics experience.
Our goal is to help companies achieve their business objectives through the limitless potential of the Internet. We hope you’ll make it, and I can’t wait to see you in the crowd.