Roar Media has an exciting full-time opportunity for a high-energy, motivated PR professional. Roar Media combines traditional media relations with advanced Internet marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help clients worldwide achieve their business goals. Candidate would work on national and international accounts for leading companies and firms in the following industries: technology, legal and other professional services; health care; and consumer products.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates will have at least two years of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish as well as are a plus.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two-years work experience in public relations, media relations and/or within top media companies as journalists.
- College degree (communications, public relations, journalism, business, economics or related field of study preferred)
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry
- Poroven ability to secure media coverage
- Strong grasp of Associated Press (AP) style guidelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of PR agency resources, culture and system
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat computer software
- Manage every aspect of the media relations process, including: developing media pitch strategies, developing targeted media lists, developing media pitches and news releases, securing publicity, preparing clients for interviews, coordinating and supervising interviews, following up with reporters and securing copies of news clips for clients
- Manage media inquiries
- Maintain a consistent, positive presence for clients in the news media
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage client events, including conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
- Develop communications tools, including media kits, bylined articles, presentations, website copy, etc.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications between the news media, Roar Media and its clients
- Manage account administration duties such as developing monthly activities reports
- Work as an active member of a team and also independently
- Generate ideas and think creatively
- Organize and prioritize work
Please e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org