Public Relations, Senior Account Supervisor
Public Relations, Senior Account Supervisor
Roar Media combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally.
The ideal candidate would work on national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: travel and leisure, consumer packaged goods, real estate, technology; legal services, financial services and other professional services.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude.
Candidates will have at least 4 years of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish as well as are a plus.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, annual bonus, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including parking, company outings and events. Paid time off also includes the holiday break from Christmas through New Years.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to cultivate a positive, rewarding, fun work environment and company culture.
Activities and deliverables:
- Developing and implementing PR and communications strategies
- Mentoring, collaborating and supporting other team members within the PR dept.
- Securing positive publicity for clients and helping clients maintain a steady and consistent presence in targeted media outlets
- Collaborating with team members across the firm’s varied areas of specialization, including client services, digital marketing, social media and creative services
- Drafting and editing content including news releases, media advisories, website copy, email newsletter copy, social media posts, etc.
- Providing clients with strategic counsel and guidance related to their participation in media interviews, speaking engagements, crisis communications and other marketing-related activities
- Providing key account insight and feedback to upper management and partnering with them closely on key account decisions and strategies
- Researching, developing, implementing and managing projects
- Maintaining clear and consistent communications between members of the news media and the Roar Media account services team
- Overseeing development and/or developing account infrastructure, including onboarding and offboarding accounts, research and media lists
- Planning and coordinating activities, including speaking engagements, conferences, events, and trade shows, for clients
- Establish meaningful metrics and leverage tools to actively monitor, measure and report on media relations impact, as well as generate ongoing reporting, audits and analysis
- Identifying and implementing new ways to continuously improve agency operations, workflow and delivery of results to clients
- Collaborating with designated to teams to support new business development and new client pitches
- Travelling to client meetings when needed
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- COMPETITIVE SALARY: TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- ANNUAL BONUS
- PAID VACATION AND HOLIDAY DAYS
- MATCHING 401K PROGRAM
- QUALITY MEDICAL AND DENTAL BENEFITS
- FUN, PROFESSIONAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT, AND STRONG COMPANY CULTURE
Success in this position requires:
- Ability and desire to motivate, manage and lead colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage accounts and client expectations
- Successfully work as part of a team and also independently, with and without supervision
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop and implement practical, creative ideas and solutions
- Ability to reach and contact a high volume of journalists on a daily basis as needed
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Interest, knowledge and passion about public relations and marketing communications
- Strong computer skills, including understanding of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Cision, and other online resources
- Demonstrated team leadership, mentorship and management skills
- Demonstrated client services and project management skills
- Proven news media and media outreach experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requisite, including writing, proofreading, grammar and syntax (Spanish-language is also plus)
- Client-service minded and ability to thrive in demanding environments requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, attention to detail, commitment, flexibility, communication and initiative
- Experience using PR and media relations databasing, measurement and analytics tools
About Roar Media:
Roar Media is a digital-first, full-stack marketing agency that blends creativity and common sense to deliver audience engagement and brand relevancy.
We solve complex marketing challenges for some of the world’s most inspired brands by combining diverse viewpoints from our experienced team of investigative reporters, industry strategists, data analysts, technologists, creatives, and builders.
The agency is recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as one of the region’s top 50 fastest-growing private companies and the fastest-growing and fourth-largest marketing-communications firm in South Florida in 2015 and 2016.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com