Social Media Specialist
Roar Media, ranked by the South Florida Business Journal as the third-largest and fastest-growing marketing-communications agency in South Florida, as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented social media specialist.
Roar Media is an integrated digital-first marketing-communications firm that combines traditional public relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social marketing, website development, and digital advertising, to help a diverse roster of exciting national and international clients.
Candidate would work on large-scale social media programs for leading companies in the following industries: travel and hospitality, real estate; technology; consumer products; beverage; healthcare, financial services and other professional services.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates should have at least 3 years of experience working in social media or related fields (PR, journalism, content creation, advertising, digital marketing, etc.).
We provide a fun, engaging, team-oriented culture backed by highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment in a new, creative office in the heart of Coral Gables.
- Plan, execute, and manage client’s social media programs including program strategy, campaign conceptualization, content creation and writing, posting and scheduling and reporting
- Create compelling and branded content by conceptualizing concepts, writing engaging copy, working with and guiding designers to bring content to life in the form of static and interactive art cards, stories, social ads, video vignettes, boomerangs, etc.
- Manage and promote content across clients’ social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Establish meaningful metrics and leverage tools to actively monitor, measure and report on social media impact, as well as generate ongoing reporting, audits and analysis
- Identify, create campaigns, collaborate with and manage small to large-scale influencers and influencer programs
- Research and implement contemporary trends, platforms and tools to drive social media innovation for both client and agency business needs
- Propose ideas on how to improve efficiencies, reach new audiences and quantity social impact and success
- Stay abreast of developments occurring in the social media, communications and digital marketing space
- Proven social media marketing experience (3 years minimum experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requisite, including writing, proofreading, grammar and syntax (Spanish-language is also plus)
- Client-service minded and ability to thrive in demanding environments requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, attention to detail, commitment, flexibility, communication and initiative
- Experienced content creator using creative and innovative tricks of the trade including photography; videography; strong image selection; use of off-the-shelf apps, etc. is a plus)
- Experience using social media posting, promotion and measurement/analytics tools
- Passionate, creative and professional attitude
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to generate unique ideas and think creatively
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage projects under deadline