Roar Media, ranked this year by the South Florida Business Journal as the third-largest and fastest-growing PR firm in South Florida as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented media relations professional.
Roar Media is an integrated digital PR firm that combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally. Candidate would work on national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: consumer packaged goods, legal services, financial services and other professional services; and consumer products.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates will have at least two years of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish as well as are a plus.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of four-years work experience in public relations, media relations and/or within top media companies as journalists.
- College degree (communications, public relations, journalism, business, economics or related field of study preferred)
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry
- Proven ability to secure media coverage
- Strong grasp of Associated Press (AP) style guidelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of PR agency resources, culture and system
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat computer software
- Manage every aspect of the media relations process, including: developing media pitch strategies, developing targeted media lists, developing media pitches and news releases, securing publicity, preparing clients for interviews, coordinating and supervising interviews, following up with reporters and securing copies of news clips for clients
- Manage media inquiries
- Maintain a consistent, positive presence for clients in the news media
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage client events, including conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
- Develop communications tools, including media kits, bylined articles, presentations, website copy, etc.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications between the news media, Roar Media and its clients
- Manage and maintain client relationships
- Work as an active member of a team and also independently
- Generate ideas and think creatively
- Organize and prioritize work
Job Type: Full-time