Roar Media, ranked by the South Florida Business Journal as the third-largest and fastest-growing marketing-communications agency in South Florida, as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented Sr. graphic designer.
Roar Media is an integrated digital-first marketing-communications firm that combines traditional public relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including website development, social media and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally.
Candidate would work on national and international advertising and marketing programs for leading companies in the following industries: real estate, technology; consumer products; beverage; healthcare, financial services and other professional services.
Ideal candidates must be able to work as part of a team and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude. Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience working in graphic design and creative services.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. The paid time off includes our holiday break every year from Christmas through New Year’s.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to ensure a positive, rewarding, fun work environment.
The position entails:
This position is responsible for creating graphic design deliverables for a wide variety of projects including, but not limited to ad creative, social media creative, websites, emails, posters, corporate communications and corporate identity and marketing-collateral pieces. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions, as well as designing and implementing solutions to meet these project parameters.
The candidate will either work to a brief agreed with the client and account manager or may work with less defined and more fluid direction. They develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and design trends and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Graphic design and creative execution
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a wide range of media, including print, web, social media, photography, etc.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches
- Production print ready files for print production
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, 3ds Max, Acrobat, etc.
- Developing interactive designs needed for websites and emails
- Coordinating with final output solutions providers such as printers to ensure that the final product meets the project/client standards
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Accurately saving finals and file names in the company’s designed file folders and formats
Success in this role requires:
- High-quality and impactful graphic designs and outputs
- Ability to develop and implement practical, creative ideas and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently, without supervision
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Interest, knowledge and passion about design, website development, digital communications and advertising.
- Strong computer skills, including understanding of top design software and other online resources
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org